- To provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that contribute to the attainment of corporate and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the City.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by: maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training, developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development in areas of: effective leadership and career development of employees, employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by: pre-planning staffing needs, ensuring an effective internal interview process, increasing company visibility in the employment marketplace, identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources, and conducting thorough reference checks.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.
Office: (662) 378-1566
Fax: (662) 378-2281
To apply for a position as Safety Compliance Officer, download the application here.
To apply for a position with the Greenville Police Department, download a fillable PDF application here.
To apply for all other positions with the City of Greenville, download a fillable PDF application here.
Return completed applications to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 897
340 Main Street
Greenville, MS 38701
To view the City of Greenville’s Employee Handbook click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and how do I apply for a position/job?
Check online or come to Human Resources office to view postings.
Human Resources Dept. has two members, Director and Admin. Asst., Office Number, 662.378.1566, Fax # 662.378.2281, Cell 662.822.7327.
What jobs are available?
Applications are accepted Mon. – Fri. for police and fire, applications for other positions are accepted only when position is open/available.
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Assistant